The Writers Covenant
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Writers Covenant

We all have fancies, dreams, and things we wonder about. This is a place to read the musings of Aubrea and Dreyden as well as a safe haven for those who chose the pen over the sword.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CHAPTER ONE: A TRIP TO SILVERMOON

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

CHAPTER ONE: A TRIP TO SILVERMOON Empty
PostSubject: CHAPTER ONE: A TRIP TO SILVERMOON   CHAPTER ONE: A TRIP TO SILVERMOON EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:29 am

CHAPTER ONE: A TRIP TO SILVERMOON Untitled

Aubrea giggled softly as she slipped through the halls. Her limber body moved silently as she snuck to the library. Peering inside, she saw Arabellia sitting in a plush chair, a book in hand; her eyes held a dreamy quality to them. Sighing in exasperation, Aubrea slipped into the room. "Why am I not suprised to find you here," she said, sitting on the arm of the chair, as she tried to read the worn book over Arabellia's shoulder.

"Stop that," Arabellia grunted, glaring as she shut the book hastily; placing it on her lap, she murmured, "I had some things I wanted to write up."

She looked up at her sister. "What do you want," Arabellia asked gloomily, tilting her head as she peered up at her sister; her dark emerald eyes watching Aubrea closely.

"Oh nothing..." Aubrea whistled innocently, though a sparkle lit in her eyes.

"I just wanted to ask if you wanted to take a ride down to the village," a wishful smile crossed her lips; clearly she was thinking of the 'knight errant', who had been hanging around her more and more lately...what was his name?

Arabellia pondered as she thought hard to herself. "Oh yes... Silverbane."

"Alright, alright.." Arabellia said, as she clasped her crimson cloak around her shoulders; the white fur ruffling around her face as she pulled the hood up.

"Let us go to Silvermoon. I am in need of some supplies anyhow."

Aubrea grasped her own white cloak; the color pale in comparison to her crimson hair as she gave a small nod to her sister. Arabellia and Aubrea headed outside their home straight for the stables. Instructing the stable master to gather their horses, they slipped upon them, and rode towards the City. It had been a chilly morning; the crisp air tickled their nostrils as each abrut breath was drawn past their lips. Aubrea's eyes were distant, far away; she was thinking of the boy she had strong feelings for, the impetous and daring Silverbane. Arabellia, suprisingly, was thinking of a boy herself. Though, she kept her feelings close to her heart. She was never one to blurt such things out loud. She smiled softly, her only apparent sign was when she rode past the cottage that Dreyden lived in; watching for movement, a sigh escaping as she saw no motion. He must've been out. Sighing once more, she wondered silently to herself, "Where could he be..." resolutely, she continued to ride toward the Silvermoon City.

Watching Aubrea ride off toward the Barracks, where Silverbane was training, she turnedher horse toward the bookseller. Smiling softly, she walked into the darkened room. Feeling at home, she walked along the aisle, running her slender fingers along the books; perusing each book, reading the titles absently as her finger tips passed them. Drawn to a dark book, her eyes widened. The spine of the book that now had her gaze looked suprisingly newer than the rest as she pulled it out to get a closer look. She became so absorbed in reading the first few pages that she did not hear the whisper of robes rustling behind her; did not feel the presence she had sought, until a smooth, low voice crept from behind her left ear.

"Hello, my dear."

Arabellia's eyes widened in pleasure; letting her gaze become unreadable, she turned around, smiling. "Hello, Dreyden," she said quietly, letting her eyes drink him in.

At eighteen years old, he was beginning to show promise of the man he was becoming. Standing to his full six-one height, his black hair spilled over his tight muscled shoulders to his mid-back. His handsome face was composed, watchful. Light glimmered in the depths of his emerald eyes. Arabellia blushed at the sight of him, thankful that the darkened interior of the Bookstore hid her reaction quite well. "What is this you have in your hands," Dreyden asked, looking down at the book curiously.

"It 'tis a book on witchcraft; being a warlock," she says quietly.

Dreyden's eyes widened in suprise; glancing at Arabellia, he replied, "You better know what you are getting into. The dealings of Warlocks are not to be taken lightly."

As he spoke, he reached out, touching her hand lightly, his finger tips trailing down the front of the book as he did so. She looked into his eyes, startled; she nodded slowly as she began to speak. "Aye...I am aware. S'just, I have had magical abilities for a very long time. And, I have been training, so I may control the minions of the Warlock." She smiled, her dark eyes lit up like gossamar ribbons; sparkling.

Dreyden was enchanted by her yet again; the beauty of her face, the dark emerald eyes dawing him in, grabbing fiercly at his soul; he shook his head as he nodded almost inperceptively, "You have great potential...and I know it will not rule your life like so many others," he smiled, letting his finger float up from the book to catch a trailing tendril of her hair.

He could feel a slight trembling as his fingers touched her cheek; shaking his head, he pulled back. Could she be just as affect by his presence, as he was hers? He shook his head wistfully: of course that could not be. They had grown up together; Arabellia, Aubrea, Dreyden, and Talivan. There was no way they could be more than just the good friends they were, though, Dreyden had been noticing how Aubrea and Talivan had been spending more and more time together. Their hands touching when they thought no other had noticed. If it was possible for them... maybe it was possible for him and Arabellia. Shaking his head, he looked into her eyes, muttering softly, as to keep quiet for the other shoppers. "I am sure you have heard about the deployment of the Warchiefs troops?"

She noded, looking into his eyes, she whispered, "You are going with them, aren't you?"

He simply gave a nod at her words. "You know they need me."

"Plus, there is no one to miss me, should something happen," he stated just ask Arabellia reached out and slapped his cheek; suprise in her eyes after she did so.

His eyes lit up in a fire that quickly banked, though startled more than angry he questioned,"What was that for?"

"Because Dreyden, you are a fool," she whispered hoarsely, her voice revealing more than she was aware.

Dreyden, looking deeply into her eyes, only gave a nod. Stepping away from Arabellia, he turned to head out of the store. Turning back, he callsed out. "I will be leaving in a week's time. Talivan, Aubrea, and myself. We are to depart at Falconwing Square, I hope to see you."

"You best be careful. Do no let anything bad happen." (To you, dearest Dreyden) her mind silently cried out.

To care about someone so much and to not know what would happen to them; it was a fate worse than death, in her eyes. Yet, to voice such a feeling out loud, was tantamount to saying, "I love you Dreyden." In her mind...for she could not love her best friend...could she? She shook her head. No....they were friends. If anything more was pursued, it could ruin what they had to start; she wanted to have their friendship. It meant more than a relationship of the body. Arabellia sighed as she turned to place the book back from which it came. Her movement quite languid, she managed to exit the store just as Aubrea came to a halt on her steed; seeing Arabellia looking so quiet, pale, and distant; she immediately became worried. "Bella..." she spoke softly, watching as her twin mounted her horse.

"Are you alright?"

Arabellia smiled a bright, fake smile, and nodded. "Indeed...let us go home. There is much to do to prepare you for your journey with the regiment."
Back to top Go down
https://wcovenant.board-directory.net

CHAPTER ONE: A TRIP TO SILVERMOON
Page 1 of 1